Re: C-c behaving wierd in Emacs on Mac

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: C-c behaving wierd in Emacs on Mac
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:11:16 -0400

> And now I have found the culprit: cua-mode (yes, I am a weakling with
> a lack of faith in the force and so on).

cua-mode is not on the dark side.  But one of its main features is
exactly the one that bothers you: multiplex cleverly "C-c/C-x as
Copy/Cut" and "C-c/C-x as prefix keys".  This said, under Mac OS X you
shouldn't need this multiplexing since you should expect Cmd-c/Cmd-x to
do Copy/Cut (of course, if Cmd is mapped to Meta, you get clashes with
M-x and M-c, where the M-c clash is probably minor, but the M-x one is
more annoying, tho it's easy to move M-x's command to some other key).

        Stefan