Re: my meaningless comment

From: William Gardella
Subject: Re: my meaningless comment
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 00:13:11 -0400

김태윤 <kty1104@gmail.com> writes:

> I just notice why many people use emacs
> hello
> this is not a question or tip
> but I believe it's ok to write my meaningless comment on mailing list.
> (if it is not, please let me know)
> I recently notice that why many people use emacs.
> it is because people make their own function, and spend many time with emacs.
> and that strengthen attachment for emacs.
> as like the little prince and the fox become friends,
> people who use emacs become friend of 'one' copy of customized emacs
> while they spend time, tame emacs, get to know about it.
> I just realize that.
> thanks for reading.
>
> if help-gnu-emacs mailing list only accept question, I have a question too
> => is it ok to add my non-question to mailing list?

I think this is a sound observation.  What you describe is the
"extensible" half of Emacs's title, "the extensible, self-documenting
text editor."  Without the other half, the introspection and
self-documentation, extending and personalizing your Emacs would not be
much fun.  Wild animals don't give you nearly as much advice about how
to tame them. ;-)