Re: cygwin -- getting *shell* to parse pipes & other unix cmd-line stuff

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: cygwin -- getting *shell* to parse pipes & other unix cmd-line stuff?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 20:56:29 +0200

On 2012-10-28, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Oleksandr Gavenko <gavenkoa@gmail.com>
>> Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 13:03:38 +0200
>>
>> On 2012-10-03, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>
>> > Right-click the title bar of the cmd window and select Edit->Paste.
>> > That's it!
>>
>> I recommend instead use mintty from Cygwin (which replacement for rxvt and
>> standard Cygwin terminal emulator).
>>
>> It allow paste by Shift+Inc and copy by mouse selection (whole line for
>> double click).
>
> So does the cmd window, if you set the QuickEdit option.  (Well, no
> Shift-Insert is supported, but right-clicking the mouse to paste is no
> less convenient.)

Ok.

But most useful things from mintty is custom fonts and switchable background
colour (I definitely like black on white)...

Anyone can get another goodies, just read:

  http://code.google.com/p/mintty/
                Xterm-compatible terminal emulation
                Comprehensive character encoding support, including UTF-8
                256 colours

My ~/.minttyrc:

  ; -*- mode: conf -*-

  ForegroundColour=0,0,0
  BackgroundColour=255,255,255
  CursorColour=165,42,42

  ; Block, Underscore, Line.
  CursorType=Block
  CursorBlinks=yes

  ; Off, Low, Medium, High, Glass (>= Vista only).
  Transparency=Low
  OpaqueWhenFocused=yes

  ; 'Lucida Console' and 'Courier New' are the best fixed width font under
Windows.
  Font=Courier New
  BoldAsFont=yes
  FontHeight=10
  AllowBlinking=no

  FontSmoothing=None

  BackspaceSendsBS=no
  ; Enable Ctrl+Ins and Shift+Ins.
  ClipShortcuts=yes
  ; Disable Windows Alt+Space and Alt+Enter shortcuts.
  WindowShortcuts=no
  ; Disable Ctrl+TAB and Ctrl+Shift+TAB shortcuts for use in screen(1).
  SwitchShortcuts=no
  ; Enable font zooming shortcuts Ctrl+plus/minus/zero.
  ZoomShortcuts=yes
  ; Shift, Ctrl, Alt, Off.
  ScrollMod=Shift

  CopyAsRTF=yes

  ; Use mouse copy on select like in X window.
  CopyOnSelect=yes
  ClicksPlaceCursor=no
  RightClickAction=menu

  BellSound=no