RE: How to reload init.el file without restart emacs

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: How to reload init.el file without restart emacs
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 07:57:33 -0700

> (global-set-key (kbd "C-<") 'mc/mark-previous-like-this)
> I toggle this line with ;;
> And I used those methods, but "C-<" still works.
> So, what's wrong? Thanks!

Commenting out a binding does not remove it.
Commenting something out just skips doing that something.

To unbind the key, bind it to nil:
(global-set-key (kbd "C-<") nil)

You can also use `global-set-key' as a command, i.e., interactively.  In that
case, since `nil' is not a command, you cannot input it.  Instead, you can enter
the command `undefined', which has a similar effect:

M-x global-set-key
C-<
undefined