Re: send ctrl-g to bash shell in emacs

From: Wes James
Subject: Re: send ctrl-g to bash shell in emacs
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 10:06:41 -0700

On Nov 7, 2012, at 9:47 AM, Barry Margolin <barmar@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> In article <mailman.12483.1352305663.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
> Wes James <comptekki@me.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,

>>> Have you tried that very simple and basic C-q C-g?
>>>

>> I tried that and it just puts ^G on the screen
>
> And when you press Return, it will be sent, just like anything else you
> type.

I did press return and it just brought the command line back without doing
anything.

I'm running erlang inside of emacs.  I.e., I type in erl and it takes me in to
an erlang command-line.  It accepts certain ctrl command to do things.

In erlang, when you press ctrl-g it should bring up a line that says:

User switch command
-->

so I can do other commands.

wes