Re: org-mode for note taking

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: org-mode for note taking
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 19:56:26 +0200

On 2012-11-08, houkensjtu wrote:

> Just a little bit confused on this mailing list. I subscribed to
> emacs-orgmode directly through list.gnu.org, what's "gmane" however? I read
> through the FAQ on gmane homepage and still can't figure out...

Gmane is a NNTP gateway to mail lists. But web interface provided.

It is useful to send and receive mails without subscribing to a ton of lists!

Also Gmane host full archives of its list. Before asking question I perform
search on corresponding group (yes Google suck sometimes).

As always try Wikipedia:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gmane

--
Best regards!