Writing Gnu Emacs extension book - What occured to make-local-hook?

From: Yves Baumes
Subject: Writing Gnu Emacs extension book - What occured to make-local-hook?
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 22:38:14 +0100

Hi everyone,

I am reading the Writing GNU Emacs extention book, and it refers to the
function 'make-local-hook. After some research, it appears to me that it has
been removed in some previous version of Emacs. Am I right?

I've downloaded the latest elisp reference book, and found no reference
to it in the whole PDF. (while 'make-local-variable still exits).

I've looked into the 'add-hook source code, and it appears to me that it
makes the job of turning the hook into a local variable, provided the
'local argument is non-nil.

  (if local (unless (local-variable-if-set-p hook)
              (set (make-local-variable hook) (list t)))

Finally, am I right to consider I no londer needs to call 'make-local-hook
as long as I call 'add-hook with the correct parameter set?

Regards, to everyone
Yves.