Re: emacs-24.1.1 slow scrolling in Fundamental mode with font lock disab

From: Maxim Yegorushkin
Subject: Re: emacs-24.1.1 slow scrolling in Fundamental mode with font lock disabled
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 15:44:15 +0000

On 12/11/12 14:33, Peter Dyballa wrote:

Am 12.11.2012 um 13:49 schrieb Maxim Yegorushkin:

Do you guys have any clues what may be causing this scrolling slowness and why
replacing ISO dates with YYYY-MM-DD makes scrolling so much faster?

What file type is the file, what is its text encoding, and which modes are
active in that buffer?

I am attaching the archived file. The file has no extension/type, its contents are ASCII.

Emacs opens it in Fundamental mode and then I invoke "font-lock-mode" to turn off font lock minor mode.

-- Maxim