Re: How to define a function in Zile Lisp

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: How to define a function in Zile Lisp
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:59:33 +0100

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@googlemail.com> writes:

Hi Thorsten,

>> You can't.  Zile Lisp is really a very tiny subset of Emacs Lisp.
>> You can't do anything except setting some of the few configuration
>> options like
>>
>>   (setq tab-width 8)
>>
>> or calling existing zile commands like
>>
>>   (global-set-key "\M-hb" 'list-bindings)
>
> too bad, would have been nice to add some functions without knowing C.
>
> How is the Zile Lisp interpreter integrated with Zile? Would it be
> possible (and easy) to replace it with another small but at the
> same time more powerful Lisp interpreter?

As far as I know, GNU Zile has just been ported to Lua, and that version
will probably replace the C version at some point in time.  That is
probably a bit easier to hack on.

It's lisp interpreter (which doesn't implement more than the C version)
is this:

  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/zile.git/tree/src/lisp.lua?h=lua

Bye,
Tassilo