Re: emacs calendar bug

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: Re: emacs calendar bug
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:46:44 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012, Michael Heerdegen wrote:

> Hi Jude,
>
> dunno if I understood exactly what you did.
>
> AFAIK, when org-mode reads in dates, you can just edit the text in the
> minibuffer.  No need to use or even switch to the calendar buffer.
>
> In addition, you can use shift together with the arrow keys to "move" in
> the calendar buffer and hit enter to pick a date, without leaving the
> minibuffer.
>
> If you don't want the calendar to pop up at all, evaluate
>
>   (setq org-read-date-popup-calendar nil)
>

> Hope that helps,
>
> Michael.
>

> > I don't use a mouse when running any computer since I can't see to point
> > with it and not all the screen readers necessarily support use of the
> > mouse.  Aside from that, I have a major fine motor deficit.  I was able in
> > org-mode to bring up the calendar with the current date highlighted.
> > Unfortunately, I didn't need the current date.  Hitting control-b twice
> > inside the calendar had no effect and just dumped the current date into my
> > org-mode table.  Is there any way to let calendar know no rodent is
> > available and take input from keyboard?  This behavior happens with emacs
> > 24.x in debian I don't know how many past versions also had this problem.

jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
Adobe fiend for failing to Flash

Hi Mike, I just found out it's slightly more complex than that but the
complexity is logical.  Just keying in -2 or s-ret where the cursor is
positioned does nothing in the case of s-ret and says minibuffer is read
only the cursor shows up on line 25 and to the left of an = sign.  However
when I move the cursor to the right of the = sign, and then type -2 <ret>
I return to the org table and the date has moved back two days from the
current date as it should.  I wouldn't change anything about this behavior
since positioning the cursor to the left of the = sign when it lands in
the virtual calendar is a safety feature giving you one more chance to
think before you do an operation.