Re: Diff could also show the changes within lines

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: Diff could also show the changes within lines
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 12:29:49 +0100

Tom wrote:
> Sebastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@...> writes:
>>
>> Going to the beginning of the diff buffer and hitting TAB, does indeed
>> moves over every hunk, in turn, and refines the differences at the same
>> time.
>
> My function does the same, so I can't explain why it does not work for you
> when you call it from M-x.

That's very weird, indeed.

> I guess you also use Emacs 24, so it's not about an old emacs version
> behaving differently.

Yep, sort of future Emacs 24.3, that is:

GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2012-10-22 on DANI-PC

>> BTW, how do you explain that your cursor is not at the end of the buffer,
>> in your case, after the refine process?
>
> I use save-excursion in the function which puts the cursor back to where it
> was before the function was called.

I had overlooked it. Of course.

> I don't know why it is at the end of the buffer for you. There are some
> emacs gurus on this list. Hopefully some of them will chime in and helps you
> to solve this mistery, because I'm out of ideas.

Thanks for your help so far...

Last thing: can you post your complete chunk of code regarding this? I mean
with your additional check which calls the automatic highlighting of hunks
only if the diff is below a certain size? Thanks a lot...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban