Re: Diff could also show the changes within lines

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Diff could also show the changes within lines
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 18:53:57 +0000 (UTC)

Sebastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@...> writes:

> And the results of the jury are:
> - it works for the refining of *all* hunks

Cool. I think the last hunk is actually processed twice, once when
you call the refine function explicitly and once when the timer mentioned
in the bug report explanation kicks in. But it's not a big deal, probably
does not add a noticable delay.

> - it does not work wrt the position of the cursor, that is it's at the end of
>   the buffer...

I have no idea what causes this. You can try adding a (goto-char (point-min))
call to the end of the refine all function or if it does not work then you
can try using a null timer for this, so it is called after the command is
finished, and hopefully after that code is finished which moves the cursor:

(run-at-time 0.0 nil (lambda () (goto-char (point-min))))