Invalid tags table

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Invalid tags table
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 21:47:48 +0100

Hi List,

I have a tags table (etags format) that works before I load my init.el
file. After I load it, M-. (find-tag) gives me an error-message:

| visit-tags-table-buffer: File /my/dir/TAGS is not a valid tags table.

Now I looked through my customisation files and did not find anything
suspicious. Can somebody give me hint what could be the possible cause
of this problem? The file must be valid, since it does work. Which
settings could be responsable for the error-message then?

--
cheers,
Thorsten