24.2.1: ispell: use of local ispell-personal-dictionary

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: 24.2.1: ispell: use of local ispell-personal-dictionary
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 17:34:17 +0100

Hi!

I have recently upgraded my Emacs; I was using an old version (22 or maybe 21,
I don't remember).  I am now running 24.2.1, and there is a feature I seem to
have lost: I could use ispell-personal-dictionary to specify a per-document
*local* dictionary.

Consider the following use case: several documents (LaTeX for that matter),
with many uncommon words in common.  Instead of having a bazillion of
(duplicated) "LocalWords:" in all my documents, I have:

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% coding: utf-8
%%% ispell-dictionary: "american"
%%% ispell-personal-dictionary: "../en.dict"
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% fill-column: 76
%%% End:

in each file.

This used to work well, i.e., aspell was given the right path to en.dict.  With
the current version of Emacs, "../en.dict" seems to be resolved relatively to
the directory from which Emacs was run, instead of relatively to the document.

I do not want to force a full path to the dictionary, because the documents are
under VCS, and the dictionary is shared between the authors.

What's my best option?

Thanks in advance.

        Akim

PS/ Please, keep me in cc.