Re: Emacs user conference

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: Emacs user conference
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 23:48:54 +0000 (UTC)

Me again -- separate post for separate idea.

We have all this super technology these days, just
sitting on our desks: webinars, skype, etc.

Also available, maybe, to those who for one reason
or another are unable to travel to wherever, how
about the presentations also be on-line, with viewers
able to ask questions.

Of course they miss the dinners and bar hopping, but
it's sure better than nothing.

Perhaps some could even do their presentations from, eg,
home.

Question: is the quality of the video and audio good enough?

(This "Pandora.com" music-site is hi-fi, as far as my old ears
can tell.)

----

I recall ages ago a presentation at Indiana University c.s.
dept done via some nifty program in x-emacs.

The presenter could write down formulas, loops,
calls, etc, just as on a blackboard, but then
could execute stuff right there in the same window,
interspersed among the "blackboard" stuff.

I think the guy (prof) was from some college whose
name started in "G"?

David