Re: How to bind a command to mouse-1 properly?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: How to bind a command to mouse-1 properly?
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 14:01:35 +0400

On 12.12.2012 13:42, martin rudalics wrote:
 > If I bind a command other than `mouse-set-point' to [mouse-1], the mark
 > is active after the mouse click.

I suppose this issue was discussed in bug#9541 and in

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2011-04/msg00399.html

They look related, but I don't see anything helpful there.

The bug discusses clicking inside scroll-margin (I'm not), and the fact the mouse-clicks set the mark is declared intended at the end.

The emacs-devel link describes a problem which I don't encounter, and seems to fizzle out in the end, without resolution.

(setq deactivate-mark t) works, by the way. I just don't understand why I have to do that, and if I should do something else.