timeclock-x

From: asb
Subject: timeclock-x
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 19:07:38 -0800 (PST)

I want to use timeclock-x and the code written by Joseph Brenner to keep track
of the time I spend on different projects. I put timeclock-x in my emacs
directory and the line
(require 'timeclock-x)
in my .emacs file.  When I start up emacs, I get the error

Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading `/home/asb/.emacs':

error: Can't find library /usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/calendar/timeclock.el

Although the file
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/calendar/timeclock.el
doesn't exist, the compiled file
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/calendar/timeclock.elc
does.  What do I do to get timeclock-x to use the compiled file?

Thanks.