RE: backquote quote pair notation: What does it mean in Emacsdocument?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: backquote quote pair notation: What does it mean in Emacsdocument?
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 16:40:13 -0800

> >> Compare the two attached screenshots, for instance.  See
> >> how the quoted text stands out more when it is highlighted,
> >> and how that can help readability.
> >
> > How can I add such highlighting for Info buffers in my config?
> >
> > I think that it is done through some standard configuration...
> > Please share!
>
> Drew's may be more elaborate.
> Here is a simple one that I cooked up.  It can be simplified
> and be made more elegant though.
>     (add-hook 'Info-mode-hook
>               (lambda nil
>                 ;; Add a FIXME face.
>                 (font-lock-add-keywords
>                  nil '(("\\(?:`[^']+'\\)" 0
>                         'font-lock-variable-name-face t)
>                         'font-lock-string-face t)))))

No, there is no standard configuration that does this.  I offered it to Emacs
Dev several times starting a long time ago (and it is still offered), but there
has never been insufficient interest.

But you can get it here - just load library `info+.el'.  It should work with GNU
Emacs versions 20 through 24.  A few of the features, such as breadcrumbs, have
been added to Emacs, but not the highlighting.

overview: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/InfoPlus
code:     http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs-en/download/info%2b.el