read user input in compilation buffer

From: hemant
Subject: read user input in compilation buffer
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 22:17:41 +0530

Hello Folks,

I often run my tests (RSpec if you will) from Emacs using a customized version of compile command. It works beautifully and all that.

But sometimes some special line in my code triggers something that reads from user input. If you have heard of this Ruby gem Pry. When I run the tests from Emacs and code being run contains binding.pry() it opens pry prompt at the point, the method is encountered.

Now I understand that, there are some emacs-pry integrations out there, but I want something simple, something that will simply let me type things in the buffer when user input is required, in compile buffer.

Is it possible at all?

--
Let them talk of their oriental summer climes of everlasting conservatories; give me the privilege of making my own summer with my own coals.

http://gnufied.org
http://twitter.com/gnufied