Re: Strange font used for Cyrillic characters

From: Андрей Парамонов
Subject: Re: Strange font used for Cyrillic characters
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 00:40:37 +0300

As far as I can see the problem is in Debian fontconfig priorities/rules?

On more-or-less fresh system I get:
pent@sol:~$ fc-match monospace:lang=ru_RU
n022003l.pfb: "Nimbus Mono L" "Regular"

After installing Liberation I get:
pent@sol:~$ fc-match monospace:lang=ru_RU
DejaVuSansMono.ttf: "DejaVu Sans Mono" "Book"

It seems really strange that Numbus got higher than say FreeMono which is system default. I'm not sure I can even submit a helpful bug report as I have very weak understanding about how fontconfig is supposed to work :-/

Anyway, Emacs "must be above suspicion".

Best wishes,
Andrey Paramonov

2012/12/21 Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de>

Am 20.12.2012 um 22:19 schrieb cmr.pent@gmail.com:

> The behavior I was observing seems bizarre (and Liberation is not in Debian default install), but I'm not sure now whether it qualifies as bug.

This looks more like an user option… (or an a bit too Latin centric system, worth to report as feedback)

--
Greetings

  Pete

There are very few jobs that actually require a penis or vagina. All other jobs should be open to everybody.
                                – Florynce Kennedy