gud and shared objects

From: Karsten Ahnert
Subject: gud and shared objects
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 21:53:01 +0100

Hi,

I have a problem with debugging C++ with emacs and gdb. I can set
breakpoints in functions defined in shared objects by simply adding them
manually via

b file_in_so.cpp:23

But if I open file_in_so.cpp in an emacs window I can not use the
graphical debugging facilities. I guess, that emacs does not yet know
that this file belongs to the sources of the executable. Files belonging
not to the shared object are already usable for graphical debugging.
Files from the shared object are also usable if a manual breakpoint or
an uncaught exception are hit within the shared object.

Is there a command telling emacs to reload the current list of all
sources, even the ones defined in shared objects?

(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14040242/emacs-gdb-show-sources-of-shared-objects)