Re: emacs24 X primary selection changes

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: emacs24 X primary selection changes
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 15:54:16 -0700

Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
> http://http://invisible-island.net/xterm/xterm.log.html#xterm_209
> Patch #209 - 2006/2/12 - XFree86 4.5.99.22
> add resource selectToClipboard, action set-select and a menu entry
> to allow users to switch between PRIMARY and CLIPBOARD for
> select/paste.

Thank you drawing my attention to this configuration option!  The
tools we use the longest are the ones we least read documentation for
as we think we already know how to use them.  I didn't realize this
feature had been added.

With this option available in xterm I see that I could have gone to
the complete reverse configuration of using the clipboard everywhere
instead of using the primary selection everywhere.  I will probably do
just that at some point in the future.

Thanks!
Bob