Re: About `mail-fcc'

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: About `mail-fcc'
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 09:40:46 +0200

> Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 06:12:22 +0800
> From: Xue Fuqiao <xfq.free@gmail.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:05:07 +0100
> Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote:
>
> > Does this explain? http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/definition/Fcc
>
> Thanks for your answer.  But I know what `FCC' means(in fact, I often use
> it), it is explained in (info "(emacs) Mail Headers").  I don't know what
> `mail-fcc' means.

It means the Mail Mode command to go to (or, rather, create a new) FCC
header.  Type these commands and read there:

    M-x mail-mode RET
    C-h f mail-fcc RET

The mistake in the manual is that it uses 'mail-fcc', which is a
command from mail-mode, while the description above that was rewritten
to be based on message-mode, whose equivalent command is
'message-goto-to-fcc'.  (Also, there's an incompatibility between
these two modes in key bindings: in mail-mode, 'mail-fcc' is bound to
'C-c C-f C-f' while in message-mode, 'message-goto-to-fcc' is bound to
'C-c C-f C-w'.)