Windows Emacs shell/shell fail to execute ack perl script(locale error)

From: Vin Che
Subject: Windows Emacs shell/shell fail to execute ack perl script(locale error)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 09:59:35 -0800

Typing this command on regular cmd.exe or cygwin termal gives me results as expected:

    $ ack hello

(I have ack.bat that execute ack.pl in my PATH)

However, when I run the same command from either shell or eshell in Emacs, it gives me this error:

    c:\Users\Martin>"C:\cygwin\bin\perl" /cygdrive/c/Users/Martin/Desktop/ack.pl hello
    perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
    LC_ALL = (unset),
    LANG = "ENU"

I tried to fix it by SETENV both variable to en_US.UTF-8 but when I run it again, it gave me no result but froze.