How can I configure Emacs to use XeLaTeX without AUCTeX

From: damien.thiriet77
Subject: How can I configure Emacs to use XeLaTeX without AUCTeX
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:01:50 +0100

Hi,

I don't know how to use XeLaTeX without AUCTeX. With AUCTeX, you'd just have to
add those lines at the end of your files:

%%% Local Variables:
%%% coding: utf-8
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-engine: xetex
%%% End:

I know this is not exactly an answer to your question, forgive me my mail is
just noise, but reading your mail I thought you might not have tried the AUCTeX
way.

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net