Re: Emacs and Everything (~ locate) on Windows 8

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: Emacs and Everything (~ locate) on Windows 8
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 17:32:40 +0100

Eli and all,

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>   . Never run "as administrator", except for very rare and specific
>     jobs.  Windows treats such users inherently dangerous and will pop
>     up UAC prompts where it doesn't for other users.

Update on this. Very hot. Everything's latest (beta) version of 10 January...
2013 [1] does solve the problem I had: Everything is now working without
requiring to "run as an administrator". So does run Emacs now, while getting
back the functionality I was striving for.

Problem is solved. Case closed.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
  Seb

[1] There have been a couple of changes since December 2012, after more than 2
years with no activity at all. I don't know which beta version does solve the
problem, but the very latest does.

--
Sebastien Vauban