Issue with mailcap-viewer-test-cache

From: Dennis Lin
Subject: Issue with mailcap-viewer-test-cache
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:53:25 -0600

Salutations!

I am running 23.3.1 on Ubuntu 12.04 (text mode only) and I'm having
issues with mailcap-mime-info:

(setq mailcap-viewer-test-cache nil)
(mailcap-mime-info "text/html") ; "/usr/bin/sensible-browser '%s'"
(mailcap-mime-info "text/html") ; nil

That is, calls after the first to mailcap-mime-info after the first
fail, but it works again (one time) if I clear out
mailcap-viewer-test-cache.  I think this may have something to do with

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/61788

but I'm not familiar enough with the code to fully diagnose it.  Could
someone please help?

Dennis Lin

P.S. Please cc me as I'm not subscribed to the list.