max-lisp-eval-depth

From: drain
Subject: max-lisp-eval-depth
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:42:03 -0800 (PST)

The following issue is raised when I use Wanderlust, but it must relate to
Emacs at large, given that the variable max-lisp-eval-depth is defined in
emacs/src/eval.c.

Plus the Wanderlust mailing list is only semi-active.

The issue:

When I relaunch Wanderlust sometimes (within the same Emacs session), I get
the message, "Lisp nesting exceeds max-eval-depth." Because of this,
Wanderlust will not update my inbox. It shows what I had before.

And then other times, I can't enter my Inbox because of
"max-lisp-eval-depth."

Maybe there's some variable here, perhaps max-lisp-eval-depth, I need to
set to a different value.

Now so that this does not appear like a case of
answering my own question, I am asking what the ideal value should be,
given the problem as described (I'm still just presuming that the value of
that variable is the source of the problem; conjecturing to my own
question, not answering it).

My current solution is to completely kill all mail processes, then launch
Wanderlust afresh.