RE: max-lisp-eval-depth

From: drain
Subject: RE: max-lisp-eval-depth
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 20:53:55 -0800 (PST)

I believe Wanderlust was not purging my cache; or, at least, not frequently
enough.

For those future Google searchers out there, this is what solved the
problem (at least apparently solved it):

"How does the cache work? How can I purge it?

Even when using IMAP, wl caches the messages (by default it caches the
message being read, and the following one), and stores them in
elmo-cache-directory i.e. ~/.elmo. This cache can get quite large.
Especially if you tend to run online most of the time, you may want to purge
it periodically, which can be done by either doing “M-x
elmo-cache-expire-by-size” or putting something similar in .wl:

;;days since last access, i.e atime. (default: 50)
(elmo-cache-expire-by-age  14)

;;kilobytes (default 30000)
(elmo-cache-expire-by-size 1024)"

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WlFaq#toc6

I noticed that even after deleting all my Inbox messages, WL still
indicated that it was storing > 300, though not visible. After M-x
elmo-cache-expire-by-size (which took its time -- must have been a large
cache), I no longer get the max-lisp-eval depth error. And happily my mail
loads much more quickly now.