Re: Size and length limits for Emacs primitive types and etc data?

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: Size and length limits for Emacs primitive types and etc data?
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 11:41:55 +0200

On 2013-02-04, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 13:38:23 +0100
>> From: Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel+emacs@gmail.com>
>> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>> > Everything was already said in the OP.  And since no one jumped in to
>> > correct that...
>>
>> What about the hash table?
>
> What about it?

In my original post I can't analyse how many memory take hash tables...

And also it is interesting to know how much key-value pairs can hold hash
table.

Also interesting thing about elisp that any related data stored in distinct
memory locations (ever any internal structs hold link to actual data, like
string for symbol name), non-together.

I think linked nature of elisp data structure cause very high rate of CPU
cache miss (but I don't actually run any AMD/Intel CPU profilers).

--
Best regards!