sudo emacs

From: drain
Subject: sudo emacs
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 02:06:18 -0800 (PST)

This somewhat downgrades root privileges, but I cannot encrypt mail without
it. Hitherto I almost never ran Emacs with sudo.

The problem is, I cannot access any files without sudo. Now all of my inits
require it.

I was thinking of creating alternates. Is it possible for .emacs to be
instructed to ignore certain files and load others depending on privilege?

I *believe* I've seen people write code that enables Emacs to distinguish
between the OS it is running on and run the inits accordingly, etc.