Re: About `minor-mode-key-binding'

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: About `minor-mode-key-binding'
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 16:24:24 +0100

Xue Fuqiao <xfq.free@gmail.com> writes:

> In the docstring of `minor-mode-key-binding':
>
>   If the first binding is a non-prefix, all subsequent bindings will be
>   omitted, since they would be ignored.  Similarly, the list doesn't
>   include non-prefix bindings that come after prefix bindings.
>
> If the first binding is a non-prefix, like `C-f', that all subsequent
> bingings will be omitted is easily understood by me.  But why doesn't
> the list include non-prefix bindings that come after prefix bindings?
> For example, `C-f' after the `C-x' prefix.  Or where do I
> misunderstand the meaning of this docstring?  Thanks.

If I understand you right - then this cannot happen.  You pass only one
KEY as the argument to `minor-mode-key-binding', and only bindings for
which KEY is a prefix are considered.  But `C-f' is not a prefix of `C-x
C-f'.

If you pass `C-f', then bindings starting with `C-x' (like C-x C-f as
you mentioned) are not considered.  If you pass `C-x', then bindings for
`C-f' are not in the list.

HTH,

Michael.