Re: How to get the script name symbols of a specific character?

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: How to get the script name symbols of a specific character?
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 08:25:00 +0530

YE Qianchuan <stool.ye@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, all.
>
> According to the document of `set-fontset-font', its argument TARGET can
> be a charset or a script name symbol.  But I failed to find any
> documents about script name symbols. What I found that seem relevant
> are variables `charset-script-alist', `script-representative-chars'
> and `char-script-table'.  However none of them tells me the details of
> those scripts, I can only guess by their names.

These two suggestions or from stackoverflow thread
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7176276/what-is-script-name-symbol-means-for-emacs-set-fontset-font-function)

        M-: (char-table-extra-slot char-script-table 0)
        M-x list-character-sets

Long time ago, I was trying to assign font to tamil/indic scripts.  I
was hoping that there would be a command like `describe-scripts' or some
such thing.  I was disappointed.

May be there should be one.