Re: Using Emacs' help system

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Using Emacs' help system
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:20:09 +0530

>> Three methods
>>
>> C-h d count
>>
>> C-h r
>> i count
>>
>> C-h r
>> M-x icomplete-mode RET
>> I count
>
> Good suggestions.
>
> But the `M-x icomplete-mode RET' is unnecessary/irrelevant for `I count RET'.
> (And Icomplete does not show completions for `I count'.)

It is amazing what `icomplete-mode' does to discoverability.

I have a gripe about icomplete-mode.  It talks to you only when you
key-in something.

> Perhaps you meant to say 4 methods, the 4th being this?
>
> M-x icomplete-mode RET
> M-x count
>
> Which is essentially the same as `M-x count TAB', which shows only commands
> starting with `count'.  (In this case, that's enough.)

It depends on what hat when one wears - a true explorer has no goal.
Everything he comes across just gets noted in his journal and gets
passed on.

Serendipity has it's own usefulness and benefits.