Re: Different behaviour while debugging?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: Different behaviour while debugging?
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 17:50:59 +0100

>> I inserted 'message calls in every condition-case of 'cond, and the
>> *Messages* buffer showed that the correct condition-cases are
>> simply not entered when run in normal mode, but are entered when in
>> debugging mode.
>>
>> I tried `M-x debug-on-entry', and just like with edebug, everything
>> works fine as expected.
>
> Yeah, it happens.  Sorry, I don't have a great suggestion to make.  Try
> somehow
> to narrow the problem down to a smaller code segment, perhaps.
> [...]
> Perhaps someone else has a good suggestion.  Stefan's seems like a good place
> start.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, I think they are generally very
useful. In this case maybe the problem is related to some internal Emacs
procedures that I'm simply not aware of (like the order of content
display and code execution) and that don't show up at the surface of my
application code.

Maybe a call to some kind of 'flush-buffer-content' function (I could
not find one with 'C-h f') at the right moment would solve the problem?

--
cheers,
Thorsten