Re: emacsclient: Different --eval for emacs as alternate editor?

From: Florian v. Savigny
Subject: Re: emacsclient: Different --eval for emacs as alternate editor?
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 13:15:03 -0500

Hi Ronaldo,

thanks for your answer. It's good to at least learn you're not
alone...

I tried out using call-interactively, but at least in the case of
bookmark-jump, it does not seem to work to fool the function into
thinking it is being called interactively and fed args 1, 2, 3 to the
prompts that its (interactive ...) form normally generates. Rather, it
seems to make the function think that there is a user waiting to input
something, i.e. it starts displaying its prompts. Reading the
documentation more closely, I realise I could have known that, as the
optional arguments have a different meaning anyway.

Regards,

Florian