RE: narrow color bar using display properties

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: narrow color bar using display properties
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 10:45:57 -0800

> > I don't get it: do you mean to have a color bar to the left
> > of _every_ character in a region of text?
>
> I think Eric has a horizontal bar cursor and wants to
> "underline" text.

Really?  In that case, I don't understand Stefan's message saying that you can't
do that with Emacs.

You can easily use a face that has attribute `underline' and/or `overline' as a
text property or overlay.  And the line(s) can be any color.

(Like Eli, I too did (do?) not understand what the request is.)