RE: call-interactively 'query-replace and 'isearch-forward

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: call-interactively 'query-replace and 'isearch-forward
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 09:08:26 -0700

> I call-interactively 'query-replace and 'isearch-forward in a program,
> and the former works as expected (ask me for input), the latter not
> (just make the window blink).
>
> Is there a known problem with calling 'isearch-forward' interactively?
> How can I make that work?

No such problem known to me, at least.

If you want help, please try to provide a specific recipe, starting from emacs
-Q.  Indicate what happens at each place where something you do not expect
happens, and state what behavior you expected instead.

This works as I would expect:

emacs -Q

(defun foo ()
  (interactive)