yellow background dont know how

From: Mihamina Rakotomandimby
Subject: yellow background dont know how
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 09:29:39 +0300

Hi all,

The screenshot: http://postimage.org/image/4tiu27lyb/

On EMacs 24 (Fedora 17 package) I selected this and then typed fast something on my keyboard then got this yellow background on the selcted text.
I dont remember what was the key combination.
I typed something near to Alt-TAB on a french keyboard (I just remember I wanted to switch window, but I probably typed something else).
What is this?
It would be usefull for me, but I dont know how to do it again, nor how to un-background.
Would you help? :-)

--
RMA.