Re: java develeopment

From: Leo Liu
Subject: Re: java develeopment
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 19:31:53 +0800

On 2013-03-20 18:52 +0800, Filipp Gunbin wrote:
> I use the following (very minimal) tools:
>
> 1. Etags for navigation. While it's not convenient to update tag tables
> frequently, it's rarely needed for me. I usually generate a single tag
> table for a whole project instead of a separate one for each module. It
> allows to quickly find a class/method and I'm fine with it.

I am a casual java user. I use GNU Global + ggtags¹ for java.

I have

  export GTAGSLIBPATH=/usr/local/unix/java/1.6/classes

to point to the java sdk's classes source and from then on can jump to
any class/method in my project including those in SDK. This solves the
jump-to-definition (source code navigation) problem for me. See this
screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/d430rmm.png

You can get some completion (see ggtags-tag-names) from the database
built by GNU Global but it won't be as good as precise code completion.

HTH,
Leo

Footnotes:
¹  http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/ggtags.html