Re: switch to previous buffer

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: switch to previous buffer
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 15:08:35 +0800

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> Rami A wrote:
>> When doing Control backspace I still go through the buffer list. I
>> want to skip that menu and directly go to the buffer that was
>> accessed before the list.

What you're describing is buffer-cycling based on Most Recently Used
pattern (similar to alt-tab on windows).  Look into the wiki
http://emacswiki.org/emacs/ControlTABbufferCycling

I use buffer-stack myself very happily.  Between helm and
buffer-stack, I very rarely use ibuffer these days.  Oh, and you
should use ibuffer instead of buffer-list.

--
Le