Re: Defining session for emacs as mutt editor

From: W. Greenhouse
Subject: Re: Defining session for emacs as mutt editor
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 18:28:29 +0000

Haines Brown <haines@histomat.net> writes:

> I want to have mutt (which is started from terminal) use emacs as its
> editor with its own initialization file. So in .muttrc I put:
>
>   set editor="emacs -q -l ~/.emacsMutt"
>
> This defines an emacs session located on right half of my screen. My
> objective is to have the editor displayed to right of screen and the
> mutt messages remain displayed to its left.
>
> However, when the emacsMutt window starts, the mutt messages window is
> replaced by an empty emacs window, and as the result I no longer see the
> mutt messages. An -nw option only makes the emacsMutt session full
> screen.
>
> Haines Brown

Have you tried this with an existing GUI Emacs frame and mutt's editor
as "emacsclient"?  This should cause the emacsclient buffer to pop up
inside the extant GUI frame, and maybe your mutt messages wouldn't get
buried.  (Untested, not a mutt user, just an idea.)

Best,
Will

--
BOFH excuse #349:

Stray Alpha Particles from memory packaging caused Hard Memory Error on
Server.