Re: [ANN] project-buffers.el

From: Steven Degutis
Subject: Re: [ANN] project-buffers.el
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 19:36:01 -0500

Thanks for the link, haven't seen that page before.

Most packages on that page don't do what project-buffers.el does.

Projectile almost does, but it doesn't have a per-project version of next-buffer and previous-buffer, which was probably the main reason I wrote project-buffers.el.

-Steven

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:
> Basically, gives you `next-buffer`, `previous-buffer`,
> `switch-to-buffer` and more, but limited to buffers that
> are in the "current project" (defined as an ancestor dir
> containing one of a defcustomizable list of files, like
> ".git", "Makefile", etc).
>
> Why didn't something like this already exist?

Something like that does exist.  Several such somethings.

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CategoryProject