Re: `auto-dim-other-windows` -- scrutiny invited

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: `auto-dim-other-windows` -- scrutiny invited
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 15:03:02 +0200

Steven Degutis <sbdegutis@gmail.com> writes:

> Originally I wanted to make it change the face per-window, so I could
> easily know which window I'm editing in. I even named it
> auto-dim-other-windows at first.
>
> Then I realized emacs only allows us to set per-buffer faces. It
> doesn't allow us to set per-window faces. Please file a bug asking
> for the feature to set per-window faces. For now, this is the best we
> can do with what emacs gives us.

You can use the `window' overlay property for that - see (elisp) Overlay
Properties.

Apropos color: To get a dim color that is always derived live from the
current background color, you can (optionally) use "hexrgb" by Drew
Adam's for color transformation.  I can help with the coding if you are
interested.

Regards,

Michael.