Re: Better vertical-ness in ido-mode?

From: Steven Degutis
Subject: Re: Better vertical-ness in ido-mode?
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 01:26:26 -0500

Turns out that the patch was simple enough. Only 3 lines of code in ido.el needed to change. Now to figure out how to submit a patch :'(

-Steven

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> [...]
[...]
> These ideas seem like overkill.

I didn't mean it as "the solution to your local problem".

I just think it's a good idea in itself, and your request reminded me of
it.  Such a "completion list in a frame/box" is already implemented in
a few different ways for auto-complete/company-mode.

> The current technique ido-mode uses is great,

Agreed, it's very lightweight yet effective.  And the trick you use to
display it "one per line" is neat and works surprisingly well (I was
afraid it would cause the text to jump around too much).  I'd welcome
a patch that makes it work for icomplete-mode as well.

        Stefan