Get rid of free variable warning from other packages?

From: Steven Degutis
Subject: Get rid of free variable warning from other packages?
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 14:30:21 -0500

In my package, I setq some variables that are defined in other packages. (Specifically, in ido-vertical-mode, I setq ido-decorations.) Is there a way to disable the warning that says I'm setqing a free variable?

Or better yet, is there a better way to set a variable that belongs to another package, only when my minor-mode is enabled, and have it reverted back when my minor-mode is disabled?

-Steven