Re: Get rid of free variable warning from other packages?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Get rid of free variable warning from other packages?
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 01:38:47 -0600

On 4/9/13 1:30 PM, Steven Degutis wrote:
In my package, I setq some variables that are defined in other packages.
(Specifically, in ido-vertical-mode, I setq ido-decorations.) Is there a way to
disable the warning that says I'm setqing a free variable?

(require 'foo) at the top level, where `foo' is the package that defines the
variables you want to set.

Or better yet, is there a better way to set a variable that belongs to another
package, only when my minor-mode is enabled, and have it reverted back when my
minor-mode is disabled?

When the minor mode is enabled: (set (make-local-variable 'foo-bar) local-value)

When the minor mode is disabled: (setq foo-bar (default-value 'foo-bar))

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA