Re: elisp how to insert text at end of each line

From: acomber
Subject: Re: elisp how to insert text at end of each line
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 03:23:29 -0700 (PDT)

That works, thanks.  I implemented as a function which inserted literal text.

But I like the idea of being able to pass parameters to the function.  so I
tried this:

(defun insert-at-end-of-line (text)
  "convert word tbl to html tbl"
  (interactive)
  (goto-char (point-min))
  (while (not (eobp))
    (end-of-line)
    (insert text)
    (next-line)
  )
)

But then in emacs how do I pass the text parameter?

I keep getting:

call-interactively: Wrong number of arguments: (lambda (text) "convert word
tbl to html tbl" (interactive) (goto-char (point-min)) (while (not (eobp))
(end-of-line) (insert text) (next-line))), 0

Do I have to specify somewhere that function takes parameters???