Deleting sole frame in Emacs.app while still running?

From: Steven Degutis
Subject: Deleting sole frame in Emacs.app while still running?
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 22:29:47 -0500

When I install emacs via `brew install --cocoa` it gives me Emacs.app which sits nicely in my Dock. However, it doesn't allow me to close all frames and still leave Emacs.app running. Trying to close the last frame just says "Attempt to delete the sole visible or iconified frame".

Ideally I want to leave Emacs.app running all the time, but sometimes have no frames open. Is this possible using just Emacs.app?

-Steven