Re: frames dedicated to buffers, or, always see specific buffers in a sp

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: frames dedicated to buffers, or, always see specific buffers in a specific frame
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 19:18:37 +0100

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Stefan Monnier
<monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> switch-to-buffer is special because there are various circumstances
> where it's more important for it to only affect the selected-window then
> it is to display the specified buffer.

Yes I see. And, according to Martin, it should only be called
interactively, and therefore you simple rebinding would work, but in
reality it isn't.

> More specifically, your joaot/browse-buffer-in-special-frame should
> return the window it used to display the buffer.

Thanks! that does it, should have read `display-buffer''s doc more
carefully. Shouldn't its machinery assert `windowp' somewhere?

--
João Távora